Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Congratulations Dawn McVey!



Dawn McVey (AKA Dawnsing) was Sunday's Featured Stamper on Splitcoast- yeah Dawn! Her gallery is full of beautiful creations and she is very deserving! Here is Dawn's card that I was inspired by- this time I copied her general layout but I changed up the colors, stamps and even changed the card size to a 3x3. These tiny cards are fun and quick, help get creativity flowing and are perfect for a gift card on a package or gift bag. If you haven't tried one I highly recommend it!

In case you are interested, I used the Color Coach for this card. I knew I wanted to use the tiny felt flowers from SU's Flower Fusion collection and they come in Old Olive, Purely Pomegranate and Pumpkin Pie (such a scrumptious combo!). First I selected Kraft as the card base because... well, it was laying here handy, and it looks great with these colors.

Next I decided on the Old Olive Polytwill since it's still new to me and it matches. This led to using the Color Coach to find Old Olive's "Dyanamic Duo" which happens to be Certainly Celery. (The truth is I initially had a piece of mellow moss there and when it looked barfy with the twill I thought I'd better double check my memory and sure enough I had the wrong greens together!)

As a side note, if you have the Color Coach but get discouraged because it does not include the current In Colors, don't fear, SU puts a color guide together for them as well. I just print it out and keep it with my In Color scraps so it is always handy. If you would like a copy of this color guide just let me know (via comment, PM or email) and I will get it to you!

Well, thanks for stopping by, and be sure to play along with the Great Swaps Girls challenges. We generally post at least 2 a week- one being the Featured Swapper challenge.

Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Vases in Vogue (retired)
Paper: Kraft, Certainly Celery, Rose Red Prints
Ink: Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Felt Fusion Flowers, Vintage Brads, Old Olive Polytwill

2 comments:

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)