Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wonderful Friend

It's rainy and overcast today so sorry for the overly adjusted picture. I'll try to get a better one if the sun shows up today! I don't know what posessed me, but I felt the urge to whip out an old and underused Spectrum Pad today (called Taffy as a matter of fact). These spectrum pads are neat because they include several different ink colors in one, which can be pushed together or separated depending on the look you want. They are mostly intended to be used with a brayer I think, to roll on color, and are fun to play with! This card was quite simple, brayer on some color, stamp on it, distress the edges and voila! Of course I added a Close to Cocoa mat and some touches of Chocolate Polytwill ribbon with a Hodgepodge piece (BTW: The current Hodgepodge Hardware in the regular catalog IS RETIRING and will no longer be available in the new catalog... just so you know!) The card base on this is 4x4 and is Almost Amethyst (I know that isn't very clear by looking).

Sorry for my absence since Friday. We were out of town for the weekend for Mother's day and I'm just getting a chance to upload today. Thanks for stopping by. I've got something else for tomorrow- promise!

Stampin' Up Supplies
Stamps: Wonderful You, All Holidays
Paper: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Almost amethyst
Ink: Taffy Spectrum, Always Artichoke, basic black
Accessories: Chocolate polytwill, Antique Brass hodgepodge hardware, distressing tool, brayer

3 comments:

  1. I love this Kristin! It's so simple and pretty! I didn't get any spectrum pads before they retired. I have a blank one, but I am afraid to ink it up. I know as soon as I do, I'll want it to have different colors. What's your favorite combo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely!!! I don't even think I know where I put my spectrum pads....

    ReplyDelete
  3. another reason I love blog hopping, I see products used that 've forgotten about. The first thing I was drawn to was your background. I thought at first it was some new fun technique. Glad to know it was an oldie, but goodie. very cute card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)