Sunday, August 24, 2008

Waterfall of Seasons





This is one of the sets on my first order from the new Idea Book & Catalog: A Flower for All Seasons. I don't know what it was but I couldn't resist. Each image just has the perfect adorable factor! My favorite is the frog, of course.


So the first time I sat to play with this set I just stamped all four images and enjoyed coloring. Then I couldn't decide which to use first so I thought a waterfall card would be perfect! If you've not tried one here is a tutorial, they are fun.
The background kraft CS is wheeled with an old jumbo wheel called Everyday Blossoms in Very Vanilla. That piece was also a scrap that had been scored both directions, although that doesn't really add anything to this card. I also wanted to use my new Patterns Pack and the craft patterned paper (since I've been waiting for this color in our DSP!).
Notice the pully thingy is the kraft taffeta ribbon with one of our new filigree brads hanging from it. I just love that detail! It definitely says "pull me" to the recipient of this type of card.
The sentiment that was embossed says "Time passes ... friendship stays right where it's put!" I thought that was appropriate for the various seasons all represented by the images. What do you think?
See ya' tomorrow!
Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: A Flower for All Seasons, Curvy Verses, Everyday Blossoms Jumbo wheel
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Kraft, Very Vanilla, Kraft Patterns
Ink: Basic Brown, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Silver brads, filigree brads, Watercolor Crayons, Aquapainter, square punch, Scallop Edge punch
Techniques: Waterfall Card

2 comments:

  1. another great card. love the colors and that stamp set! just adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These images are perfect for a waterfall card! Love that Kraft Patters DSP - I should have some soon. Nice touch with the scalloped edge at the bottom, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)