Thursday, September 18, 2008

Eastern Blooms



Here's a card I did for yesterday's Sketch Challenge on SCS. I used the patterns pack which is a Level One Hostess set for Stampin' Up! Hostesses. The white piece is textured white cardstock which has been pierced, distressed and stamped on (sounds painful!). The stem from Eastern Blooms was inked completely with Baha Breeze then I used an old blender pen to remove the Baha from the flowers (as much as possible) then colored them with the Pretty in Pink marker. Not my favorite technique, let me tell ya. The large flower was inked with Pretty in Pink then I added a touch of Riding Hood red to the center and edges with a sponge dauber before stamping it. Glad you stopped by!

~Kristin (apologies in advance for the wonky spacing that will probably show up- argh! I still haven't figured out bloggers spacing issues!)

Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Eastern Blooms
Paper: Textured White, Not Quite Navy Patterns, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Baha Breeze, Pretty in Pink, Red Riding Hood
Accessories: Sponge Daubers, Baha Breeze Grosgrain, Ice Rhinestone, Crafter's Tool Kit, Cutter Kit, Pretty in Pink marker

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the colors!!! I haven't figured out the spacing with blogger either! It drives me crazy sometimes! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely!! I love the colors and how you layered the big flower over the branch of flowers, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty! I love the colors and the way the pink flower pops against all the blue! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)