Monday, September 8, 2008

Good Monday Morning


I have a workshop this afternoon that I need to prepare for so this will be short & sweet... first up, a baby card I made last week and never posted... If you missed it I posted 2 baby boy cards last week so this week remembered I needed a baby girl card too! This Parisian Summer is perfect for a feminine card. I am also loving experimenting with the new square scallop punch. (Other supplies include: pink taffeta ribbon, rhinestone brad, silver hodgepodge, scallop edge punch, Felt Fusion Too and an embossing folder that is not by SU.)

Next up, 2 of the three scrapbook spreads I completed on Friday night. The third I am not showing just because it was my first of the night and fairly boring- no creative juices flowing on it. Once you see the other two you'll probably think "boy, if the first one was more boring than these it must have been really bad"! LOL! Just give me some time... I am a slow scrapper, 4+ years behind and need some time to get back into the flow!

The first layout here was done with the Designer Series Paper Jersey Shore- great bold primary colors for fun pages! Our last name is Moore (obviously) so I use that as a play on words sometimes. This one is called "Moore Cousins". There are 18 altogether, including step-kids and one great-grandchild! Phew- makes for large family dinners!! The brads are brilliant blue and the alphabet is my favorite, the retired Whimsical. Also used the small oval punch to label the pictures.
The second page is of our dog Daisy when she was a puppy. She is a little black 'n tan coon dog and the sweetest thing ever, although she is a barker (I think all coon dogs are). This page I used the Cerise prints paper and Close to Cocoa Prints (all SU retired papers). The title was done with the Mod Alphabet and punched with circle punch. Also used the scallop punch, jumbo eyelet and SU ribbon: Real Red grosgrain, Chocolate Chip polytwill & Real Red striped grosgrain.
Thanks for stopping in, hopefully more to come tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty baby card! I've had my eye on that Parisian Summer paper. I think I need to put a pach on my next order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, what a pretty baby girl card!! LOVE how you did the square scallop with the silver HPH! Your pages are awesome too...you've got me wanting to get my Whimsical Alphabet out and do some scrapping too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy am I happy to know I am not the only one that is years behind in scrapping! LOL I love the pages and what you did with the scalloped square punch and the HPH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)