Sunday, September 14, 2008

Play Hard, Sleep Tight!



So I got a few pages done yesterday in my scrapbook and thought I'd share (since I have nothing else to share right now). This page, in my son's album, uses DSP from Jersey Shore- awesome paper for boy's pages as well as the Simply Scrappin' Kit called Creative License and the chipboard letters: Onboard Loads of Letters! I liked the natural color of the chipboard, but decided to add a little something to them....so the "play" letters were each stamped with the Canvas background in Brilliant Blue ink, and the "Sleep" letters were lined up and all stamped with On the Spot background all at once in Wild Wasabi. That is an easy way to jazz up chipboard and no mess! I used punches for the stars and made the moon by first punching a large oval out of paper, then right beside that hole it left, punch a new wide oval. Make any sense?!?

Anyway, I started out following 2 different layouts posted on SCS for scrapbook pages and ended up combining them (in other words not following either very well).
This page, although a different topic, is the same time frame and made to be the facing page in the layout. I used the same papers and ink colors. Journaling says "Whatever posessed us to let a 4 & 2 year old to eat melty, sticky ice cream cones in our somewhat new van I'll never know, but it was a treat!"

Well, thanks for stopping by today!
Kristin



Stampin' Up! Supplies

Stamps: On the Spot & Canvas backgrounds, Wonderful Words 2, Newspring Alpha

Ink: Wild Wasabi, Brilliant Blue

Paper: Jersey Shore DSP, Real Red

Accessories: Creative License Simply Scrappin' Kit, Wide oval punch, Large oval punch, large star punch, star punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Loads of Letters chipboard, Pumpkin Pie marker

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you scrapped! i love the layouts. great job girl-keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love these scrapbook pages! What a cute idea for the 'play & sleep' layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)