Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Green" Ornaments!

Yes, I know they're not actually green, but they are both made with recylcled materials! I don't know about you but I have GOBS of ribbon! And I use it- enough to empty a spool every now and then. I got the idea from a few fellow stampers over the years (in other words I have no idea where or from whom) but the gist is to save the cardboard and or plastic centers from the empty ribbon spools. I have several laying around, but some I've saved for so long the cardboard is too beat up to use (the edges show a bit even when covered with paper). I've also added fabulous felt snowflakes to these, a bit of bling with some glitter, and rhinestone brads on the large ornament! Complete them with ribbon or cord to hang from the tree.

Anyway, the large one I made with giant chipboard snowflakes from a pack I bought from SU last year. These are similar to the chipboard pieces available in the Holiday Collection Stampin' Kit right now through the end of the year or while supplies last! Check out this kit, if you haven't already. It is featured in the December 2008 issue of Country Living magazine in an EIGHT PAGE spread! The kit not only includes dozens of chipboard pieces, but also beautiful die cut designer papers , an exclusive stamp set and many many other items to make lovely ornaments with a hand-made feel!

Wow, look how that turned into a plug for the current promotion and I hadn't even planned on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)