Friday, December 5, 2008

The Holidays are upon us!


If you are looking for some last minute Christmas cards to make, look no further. For the next several days I am going to feature Christmas cards that I will be presenting at a Private Stamp Camp this weekend! This first one is a FAVORITE and the horse theme was requested by my hostess.



Normally I search far and wide for inspiration -pulling a bit from this and a bit from that. However, for this first card I found a card saved to a folder on my computer entitled "Cards to CASE!". Although a few tiny details are different, I have kept it almost identical, which is kind of rare for me. Here is the original, in all its glory, by Heather Nichols (AKA Pinefeather on SCS). I have had this card saved to my favorites for two years!



Anyway, here is my version. My green layer is Always Artichoke as opposed to True Thyme, and obviously I used the horse image from Wanted instead of the snowflake. Not that I don't like the snowflake- I DO!- but I am using snowflakes on two other cards and wanted to incorporate the horse that was requested.

Here are the SUO Supplies:
Stamps: Wanted, Warm Words, Paisley
Cardstock: Kraft, Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Whisper WHite, Always Artichoke
Accessories: White EP, Artichoke button, linen thread, sponge, distressing tool

1 comment:

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)