Monday, December 15, 2008

Put to good use!


Friday's challenge to re-use something on a card got me going so I did another one to show you. I haven't had time to upload until now, sorry!

My downline, Jennifer, is getting married Dec. 27th and her invitation was a beautiful piece of velvet paper with some organdy ribbon and the announcement layered on top. I used to save all things like this but one day realized I had no more room for filing cabinets and had to quit. I couldn't throw it away, so I decided to repurpose that gorgeous velvet paper into a wedding card for her! I wish I'd taken a before picture, but I didn't think of it so you'll just have to trust me that this is what I did!

The velvet paper was easy to punch through with my new heart punch, and I also used it to mat the main image and the sentiment. I also reused some of the ribbon since it matches so great!

The card base I had stamped for another project and decided not to use, so I started with that. I used the Paisley background (which is retiring by the way) and either white or vanilla craft ink, I can't remember which. The vanilla paper is confetti cream I believe, also old scraps. I also used an old stamp set for the sentiment called Word on Word.

TFL! Sorry in advance for posting irradically over the coming weeks. I just know it's going to happen but I'll be back in full force in January.

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! How special to get a card made from her invitation. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positively Luscious!
    Like a Valentine box of chocolates..Mmmmm!
    I'm going nuts trying to remember where the Together text stamp is from. Help???

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)