Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thinking of You


Hi! I'm taking a break from my internet shopping for a little bit, and in between classroom volunteering thought I'd make a card. Unfortunately I need a sympathy card again for a stampin' sister who lost her brother this week.
I love this flower stamp from an old set from 2005 called The Art of Life. I had these colors laying on my desk and decided they look very pretty together. They are Baha Breeze, Basic Gray and Silver. The far right edge is the silver cardstock, and the sentiment and flower are both embossed in silver.
The left edge is stamped in Baha with the Floral background stamp. All the edges are smudged with white ink. The one thing used on this card that is not from Stampin' Up is the glass dew drop thingys. These were a gift from my good buddy Lisa Henke and I truly adore them! It would be a dream if SU offered a nice variety of these in our next catalog (fingers crossed!). Last item used on here is our Basic Gray Taffeta ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by today.
~Kristin

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card for a sad occasion. What a wonderful color combination, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristin this is so beautiful and serene. I LOVE the colors and will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, this is beautiful. Sometimes the most beautiful cards we make are, unfortunately, for sympathy cards. I know your friend will truly appreciate this.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)