Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday's Diva Coffee Break Designs Challenge- #111

OK I'm done- I got my DCBD #111 challenge card done today. Heidi gave us this sketch to work with, which I struggled with a bit... then I made it even harder by trying to use yesterday's color challenge on SCS. UGH! Regal Rose (not a favorite of mine), Bravo Burgundy and Kiwi Kiss. I do like what I came up with, but I'm not over-the-top proud of it. Do you think I cheated a bit with the Top note? I just couldn't get my imagination going with a plain square behind my flower.

For this card I started by texturizing (dry embossing) the Kiwi Kiss Top Note which I had left from another project. Now, the embossing folder I used is by Cuttlebug... HOWEVER, Stampin' Up! just came out with their own version- called Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates which are designed for use in our Big Shot! I have these babies on my first order for this new catalog!

Next up I chose the chipboard flower from one of the SU collections and stamped the Bravo dots on it with Polka Dot background stamp, then sponged some white ink aroudn the edges so it pops a bit more.

The ribbon is the luscious satin Kiwi Kiss ribbon that I had neglected to use much of lately.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by (again)! I'd love to hear what you are excited about in the new catalog! If you haven't seen it check it out (click on the picture of the catalog at the right). ~Kristin



7 comments:

  1. Love the TopNote as your square, really beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your interpretation of the sketch. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin - I love how you used the Top Note, it makes the card very unique. Great job!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABuolous, as always! no, you didn't cheat, you just stepped it up a bit. I think it turned out great!TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABuolous, as always! no, you didn't cheat, you just stepped it up a bit. I think it turned out great!TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I like how you used the top note.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Kristin...the background Top Note adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)