Thursday, February 26, 2009

Excited to Share with YOU!!

Guess what?!! As I've been brainstorming and trying to narrow down which cards to use for my upcoming March Stamp Camp I kind of stumbled into making this card. Has that ever happened to you before? You know, you've got random things laying around while you're toying with a vague idea, then something else happens and all of a sudden you've made a card that you hadn't envisioned at all and you just love it?! Well- this is it!

Isn't that diamond texture pattern amazing? Oh I am having so much for with my Big Shot and these new Texturz Plates I can't wait to show you! The butterfly is also from a Big Shot die and it is so awesome because it can make FOUR different sizes of butterflies!! I can't wait to use it on a scrapbook page! The funny thing is I had planned to use the other side but ended up liking this side better!

This designer paper is from the Sale-a-Bration pack called Delicate Dots and you know the best part (aside from it being FREE of course)- it comes with FOUR sheets of each pattern. If you're like me that is a bonus because you don't have to feel nervous about using up your last piece then wishing later that you had a whole piece again.

Another of my favorites parts of this card is using the ribbon and rhinestone brad to finish off the butterfly as antenna! And I thought of it all on my own- I swear! Totally my idea- feel free to borrow it! ;)

Since I have decided to use this at my Stamp Camp I am thinking of having a surprise inside! I haven't worked on it yet, but I've got ideas swirling.

Anyway, since I promised an enticement for my upcoming class, here is a picture of the cards you'll be making for only $10 (and yes, that price probably includes some kind of chocolate too!).

The hinge card was featured on my blog earlier today and is a fun interactive technique that is great for many occasions! The third card I haven't shown you before is inspired by Dostamping on SCS- I just adored hers and the simplicity of it. Each of these cards feature stamp sets that can be FREE with a $50 order through March 31st.

Some of the other products that you will get to use at this class include rhinestone brads, Styled Silver Hodgpodge ribbon slides, wide and narrow grosgrain ribbon and four punches: Label, 5 petal flower, square and scallop edge.

Please contact me today to reserve your spot in this class and enjoy a lovely evening on a budget! Doors will be open from 6-10pm so you can come at your convenience. Plan to spend 1-2 hours. Bring a new guest and get a free gift (please register both of you).

Materials for this class, including printed directions, can be sent to you to do at home for an additional $5. All materials will be precut and/or punched and you can add your own sentiments.

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, Kristin! You are so creative. I love the ribbon on the butterfly - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! Great idea w/the butterfly antenna... So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great projects! wow! you know I wish I was closer, I'd come. that butterfly card looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous butterfly card. I love how you stumbled on to the idea, it looks so well planed out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cards! Just got a set of the texturz plates (#1). Have to go play now ....
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome projects!!! LOve how you did that ribbon on the butterfly and the texture looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)