Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another Diva Day and some Big Shot Magic!!


I'm so excited to show you my card today! It came together fairly easily using the DCBD sketch, a color challenge, and some trash! That's right-I got to do something EXTRA fun with my Big Shot using trash! See that clear butterfly? No I didn't BUY that... I MADE it! It was tough to photograph because of the shadow it cast, but the clear stiff plastic I used was actually packaging for a new cheese slicer!! I took before and during photos because I just knew I could do something with that stuff!

Here is the new cheese slicer on its clear packaging! What a bonus, although kind of wasteful if it doesn't get reused somehow... and I'm not one to be wasteful!

And here is a picture of it just after I ran it through my Big Shot with the Beautiful Butterflies Die. Look how much I have left!! I can do so much more...
The color scheme I used is Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun and Whisper White. This was the color challenge over on SCS yesterday... well, almost. It suggested Only Orange, but come on, I just got these Pumpkin and Summer corduroy buttons yesterday and HAD to use them. Besides Pumpkin is just more deserving than Only Orange! ;)

Anyway, hope you like it! I know just who I'm going to send it to.

Thanks for stopping by and please go check out the Coffee Break blog to check out the other Diva's work, then play along and post your work so we can all come visit YOU! Have a beautiful sunny day!

~Kristin

SUO Supplies:

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral

Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Whisper White

Accessories: Eyelet border punch, Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies die, Kiwi Grosgrain, Pumpkin Pie and Summer Sun corduroy butons, corner rounder, trash!

11 comments:

  1. Another great card... You are so good at cardmaking.

    Love that clear butterfly and the use of ribbon on that. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isnt' it fun to play with different materials in the big shot? love this card and good for your for recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! Bright and sunny and you even recycled. I love my Big Shot and will have to play with more materials. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. I was looking hard to see if that was a butterfly or a shadow. How clever of you to recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your card very much! Funny how we chose similar colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun and cheerful card! You totally rocked these colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab - u - lous! :) LOVE it!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! Love how you recycled the packaging! I have a huge box of "stuff" that I recycle for camps and such. People are so amazed what you can do if you only step out of the box!
    GO GREEN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool card!
    I love the ribbrads and the way you re-used the packingmaterial.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)