Thursday, July 9, 2009

Whale Wishes: a disappearing post!

Here is the post that disappeared this week while I was away from home. I loosely cased a sample in the new catty (don't have mine here to tell you the page number right now). I say loosely cased because the colors and stamps are all totally different- the part that inspired me was the general layout of the main image in the center with little accents trailing off the corners of the card.

My whale was stamped on Tea Party DSP and raised on SU dimensionals. He was also stamped on the white layer in Rich Razzleberry. Circle Circus was used for the rest of the detail- in Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Almost Amethyst (yes I was experimenting with color again). I added a few of the 5/16" jumbo brads in white and popped up a few more details and done.

As I mentioned the first time I tried to post this, I had several moments while making this card that I doubted how it would turn out... but I stuck with it and am happy I did. It isn't a work of art, but I think it is worthy of sending anyway.

Off to do some raspberry pickin' and some yardwork before it gets too hot... then I'll be back in to play!

Thanks for stopping by,
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Pun Fun, Circle Circus
Colors: Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Almost Amethyst, Whisper White, Black Staz-On
Accessories: 5/16" jumbo white brads, Tea Party DSP, SU Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Oh, is this cute!! I love the white........lots of it (and I find that so hard to do!!), and the rezz color is fab!! So sweet with that whale, and I love the new circles. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you're back, YOU'RE BACK!!! I love all the posts I'm seeing today. this is fabulous. love your use of this stamp, it is a great layout, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)