Sunday, August 30, 2009

2-Page Christmas Spread



Phew! These pages are finally done! They've been laying out on my desk for so long that I'm sick of them. I really thought I would do some scrapping that week my kiddos were at Grandma and Grandpa's but sadly I didn't. I guess I should be glad because the ornament stamps I just got this week so they wouldn't have made it on here had I finished it in a timely manner.

This page is of the night we put up our Christmas tree (in 2004- yes I'm that far behind). It is usually a frustrating night for me because I don't enjoy putting up lights on a prickly tree (we always get a real one) and of course the kids want to help with every step which often slows the process down. This particular year my kids were 3 and nearly 5 and my daughter's perfect pout was because mom wouldn't allow her to handle the "glassable" ornaments. She was just sure she could do it but since our tree is on the hard wood floor I usually put the glass ones up myself and it is usually after they are in bed.

The color combo is Real Red with Soft Suede and Very Vanilla, which I like. The patterned Real Red papers are a few years old, but all SU. To hang the ornaments I actually used Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss (backed with Vanilla) satin ribbons, and there is some current Soft Suede dotted grosgrain on there as well. Stamp set is the new Delightful Decorations available beginning this Tuesday September first in the Holiday Mini catalog along with the coordinating PUNCH!! Isn't that awesome?? Made for a super quick scrapbook embellishment.

I also put the Top Note die to work with the Big Shot again... did you notice the frame on the left is a remnant from cutting out a Top Note? I have a ton of those leftover from Valentine's Day last year! Then I used it again for my journal box on the right to help tie the pages together.

Well, that's all I've got for you today! Be sure to drop me a line so I know you've been visiting!

~Kristin

SUO Supplies:
Paper: Cerise DSP (retired), Autumn Traditions DSP, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon, Riding Hood Red Satin Ribbon, Soft Suede Dotted grosgrain, Ornament punch, Top Note Die, Big Shot
Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Non-SU Supplies: Making Memories Rub-On Alphabet

1 comment:

  1. cute, cute and cute! glad you finished a layout. that new ornament punch and set look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)