Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hey YOU! Yes, I'm talking to YOU!

Have you played along with the Diva's Coffee Break Designs weekly challenge yet?? Well if not, finish reading this post then head on over there and check it out!! I DARE YOU!

This week we've got a color challenge and it really had me thinking. This is not a selection of colors I would pick for myself typically- the shades are all of similar values (can't remember those terms I learned in college) and not much contrast. However, I rose to the challenge and came up with this card that I am pretty happy with.

The stamp set I used is called Out of the Box and it is a Level 1 hostess set in the new SU catalog. I also used the Polka Dots background stamp on the Orchid Opulance layer. The flowers are each cut out and layered on various numbers of stampin dimensionals. That's my TIP for the day: stack Stampin' Dimensionals to get different heights on your raised objects!

This layout comes from a sketch from the Mojo Monday blog. Always a great source for a sketch to start with when you are struggling.

Thanks for stopping by to visit. I've finally got the majority of my painting done in my daughter's room but I don't want to post any before and after pictures until I get the Decor Elements put up- I mean, that's what you're interested in anyway, right?!! I'll get them ordered today and have them soon I hope. School starts a week from today also, so hopefully I'll be posting and stamping much more regularly then... we'll see!

Now go visit the Diva's blog and see all the other Diva's designs as well, then be sure to play along!

~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Out of the Box, Polka Dot background
Colors: So Saffron, Orchid Opulence, Regal Rose, Garden Green
Accessories: Styled Silver Hodgepodge, Designer Label punch, White Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. I love these little flowers popping out of the box, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin you did a beautiful job on the card - I can't think of the term either, but I know what you're talking about. I wasn't sure about the colors either -but I like what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I recognized the sketch--great way to combine the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Neat that you combined 2challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Wow you really did a fantastic job combining these challenges!!! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great work with those colors, yeah, not ones for me either, but love what you did with them. can't wait to see Chesney's room. I know you've been working hard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)