Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thinking of you...

It figures. I thought I was so on the ball doing a challenge the actual day it is posted only to realize that today is THURSDAY and the sketch challenge on SCS is posted on Wednesday! Oh well- it was fun and got me stamping. In fact, I made THREE cards today- that's right. My kiddos are back to school and my hubby had a teacher work day today so I had the house to myself and spent it doing what I love best!

I've been wanting to put this gorgeous DSP Cottage Wall to use and finally got a chance to do so with this sketch. I love stripes and having coordinating patterns to go with them is almost intoxicating- LOL!

I've linked two pictures of this card because neither show it quite how I wanted. The butterfly is stamped with Rich Razzleberry and embossed in clear powder for that extra sheen. Are you wondering how the powder stuck since we don't have craft ink in our In Colors? Easy! TIP: Ink the stamp with versamark then immediately ink it with the Classic Ink of your choice, then stamp and emboss like normal. Works like a charm!

TFL! More to come!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: For All You Do, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Cottage Wall DSP, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pale Plum, Whisper White
Accessories: Clear EP, Versamark, Modern Label punch, jumbo white brad, scallop edge punch, Razzleberry dotted grosgrain, corner rounder

3 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch. This came out just lovely. Great inspiration for me as I have this stamp set and have yet to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty! Awesome job with the sketch... Mine was so busy. LOL

    Whoohooo for free time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah for you! love this card, it turned out so pretty. I was going to try the sketch but I'm having trouble with it-I feel it's too much. yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)