Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Triple Post Today!

Thanks for your patience with me this summer- I know I've been sporadic and posting more excuses than creations! School starts on Wednesday so I will be back in some sort of consistent routine again, albeit still busy.

Today I've got three for you, including one I actually made last week but didn't have time to post, a sympathy card I unfortunately needed and also a fun card entirely designed and stamped by my 7 year old daughter.
This first card I made for two on-line challenges but the funny thing is I cannot find one of them for the life of me. It was a color challenge to use Basic Gray, Blush Blossom, Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust. If you know of it, let me know so I can link it here and give credit. The sketch is from the Clean & Simple blog's FTL54. I tried my hand at some doodling which reminded me why I never do it- I stink at it! LOL!
This next card is the sympathy card that I needed for a friend. I love using that Medallion background stamp and really wanted it to be subtle but still a focal point if that makes sense, so I decided to use it as the background but to accent the center of it on the sentiment. The wide organdy ribbon is a retired SU product that I reach for often on these types of cards. However, the bow that I started with seemed too cheery and pretty for the occasion so I decided to try a different type of knot which feels a bit more subdued I guess. What do you think? The brad in the center of the medallion is not an SU product but I couldn't say what it is- I've had them for years and years. In true Beate style I decided to show you the inside as well.
Finally, here is the card my daughter made for her cousin's birthday party we are going to today. She chose the colors right off the top of her head, grabbed the Medallion background and went to work. I cut out the butterfly for her, but that's it. I think it's pretty good and I plan to CASE her color combo soon. FYI- it is Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Rich Razzleberry and Taken with Teal. The rhinestone things are fairly new so I happen to still have the packaging- they are Crystal Stickers by Mark Richards. She wasn't thrilled with how the Medallion didn't stamp all the way the first time but I convinced her it looks cool that way.

I won't list individual supplies lists because it would be too confusing so if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. Most everything except the things I mentioned above are by Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by,
~Kristin


PS- Hey, I just figured out where my color combo came from on the top card. It is from the Color Throwdown #54!




3 comments:

  1. Awesome job with the sketch, Kristin! I think your doodling adds such a fun element to the card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)