Sunday, September 20, 2009

Christmas Joy

I am enjoying this new Delightful Decorations from SU's Holiday mini catalog, especially because it has a coordinating punch! I actually ordered this set thinking it would be perfect when I wrap gifts (on Christmas eve) and run out of tags like I inevitably do! But I didn't realize how versatile it would be for cards and scrapbook pages as well until I started playing with it.

This time I embossed the ornament in Real Red then watercolored in the swirls with some Old olive so it would match the fabulous new ribbon called Sleighbells (also from the Holiday Mini). The flourishes from Baroque Motif are embossed in gold on a vanilla card base. The bottom strip of DSP is from the new pack called Christmas Cocoa. Finally, I finished it off with some gold elastic cord (also in the Holiday Mini).

Do you like this layout? It is from another Fall-to-Layout on the Clean & Simple blog that I mentioned yesterday.

Have a great day!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Delightful Decorations, Baroque Motifs
Colors: Old Olive, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Gold
Accessories: Ornament punch, Gold elastic cord, clear EP, Gold EP, Sleighbells ribbon, Christmas Cocoa DSP

5 comments:

  1. WOW! This is one of the most beautiful cards I've seen with this set! (and now I'm wishing I had it...and the punch too!) Gorgeous with all the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! This might be giving your silver one a run .....
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a stunning holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beautiful! I love that embossed gold motif and I think you just sold me on the new SU ornament punch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making me want that punch and matching set! Lovely Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)