Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Diva, Diva, Divah!

It's Wednesday and that's mean a Diva challenge is coming your way! This week we were given a fun sketch to work with. Believe it or not I did it twice!

Here's the first one I did. While I took a short rest in the sunshine today (to try and warm up- hello, it was only 62 degrees in my house!) the idea of using something rainbow on my card just came to me so I did. In fact, I cut my little siesta short so I could work on it!

The white paper is glossy which is why I've got some smeary stamping (please avert your eyes!).

Here's a closeup shot of the layers on the medallion since they aren't obvious on the other picture.


This one was done the same way, with glossy cardstock but kind of reversed as far as the rainbow and the medallion go. These are quite different for me, which I like to try, but I'm never quite sure how I feel about experiments like this until I look at it for a while...so don't be surprised if you find these "remade" someday. ;)

..and a closeup of the rainbow medallion to show all the layers and dimensionals. To get this look I stamped the medallion from Circle Circus 6 times, yep, 6 times then used the huge variety of my SU circle punches to punch them out!

I hope you like what I've done and will check out the other Diva's work! Click HERE to check out the SUO Diva Coffee Break Designs blog. Be sure to play along with our sketch challenge this week and link to us via Mr. Linky so we can come visit and share the love!

Thanks for stopping by today!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies:
Stamps: Circle Circus, Happy Everything (top card), Wow Flowers (bottom card)
Colors: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Green Galore, Brilliant Blue, Lovely Lilac, Elegant Eggplant, Basic black, Whisper White (how's that for a rainbow?!)
Accessories: Glossy white cardstock, scallop edge punch, circle punches: 1 3/8", 1 1/4", 1", 3/4", 1/2", 1/4" and the scallop circle punch.


2 comments:

  1. two great cards, but I soooo love the second one. all that black and white with just the touch of color is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!! I love both of them, great ideas! And congrats on being a WICKED featured demo---I will have to check it out! Good thing they asked you now instead of next month, huh?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)