Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Seeds of Friendship

My friend Lisa and I try to challenge each other each week so we can virtually stamp together. Last week our challenge was to do an on-line challenge we'd never participated in. Well, I failed miserably. I was too busy so when I did stamp I just quickly found my old reliable challenges that I am familiar with. However, I still wanted to play along since she did so I did with this card. The sketch for this card is from Taylored Expressions (TESC87) which I've never done. I also used this week's color challenge on Splitcoast (CC241) to use Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgandy, Cameo Coral and Very Vanilla. I also slipped in some Ruby Red.

There are several things I think are worth mentioning on this card. First of all, if you don't recognize this stamp set it is because it is from 2006 and it appears from looking at the rubber, it's never been used EVER! It is called The World Over and I think it was a hostess set. The other thing is that the sketch I used involved 2 separate panels at the bottom which left a gap that I wasn't crazy about.... until I noticed that it actually serves as the stem for my flower! Very accidental, I can assure you.

The flower itself is made with the Big Shot as well as the Daisies #2 die and the Flower Burst embosslit. Embosslits are great because they emboss and cut out at the same time! Not to fill you with regret, but this is the one that was part of the Deal of the Week last week.

The rest is fairly obvious- some eyelet border punching, some paper piercing, a bit of sponging on the flower, use of markers and white gel pen to color in the flowers... that's about it. FUN I tell ya!

So thanks for stopping by today, again! And thanks for all the sweet comments- you guys are the best!
~Kristin
ETA: The flower in the center is not the shape of the Flower Burst Embosslit- I actually punched it out with a circle punch.

SUO Supplies
Stamps: The World Over
Colors: Bravo Burgandy, Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke (ink only)
Accessories: Flower Burst Embosslit, Daisies #2 die, Big Shot, markers, gel pen, eyelet border punch, paper piercing tools, sponge

7 comments:

  1. Kristin, this card is so pretty. I love the idea of combining the image with the half flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a stunner! I get my embosslit tomorrow, I can't wait! I have seen this sketch so many times this week and each one has been wonderful!!! I do remember that set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Kristin! This is absolutely FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another fabulous card by YOU! this is a wonderful design, love how you used that embosslit and the daisy die together. NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. another fabulous card by YOU! this is a wonderful design, love how you used that embosslit and the daisy die together. NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)