Friday, October 2, 2009

With Sympathy

I just got this set, Asian Artistry this week and was happy to use it, just not happy about the occasion. The layout is actually from the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge. I think I'm too late to officially enter, but that's OK... I needed a sketch and this one fit the bill. Instead of one panel inthe back I used three strips of varying size instead.

The main flower stamp was inked in white then wiped the ink off the flowers with my finger (easy enough due to their location) and reinked them with the Ballet Blue marker.

Stamped the dragonfly wtih black stazon on the vellum tag then colored with a blender pen and Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I placed a 1" white circle behind the vellum so that I could adhere it and it would be more of a focal point. Now I'm wishing it wasn't such a focal point so I tried to tone down the white with an aquapainter and some blue ink. That helped, but not totally.

Finished it off with some kraft taffeta ribbon. Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully no more sympathy cards for a while. I'll try to work on something happier to post.

Thank you, my dear followers, for the always sweet comments you leave! They keep me stamping even when I should be doing something else. ;) Stampin' Hugs!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Asian Artistry, Sanded background
Colors: Kraft, Ballet Blue, Whisper White
Accessories: vellum metal-edge tag, kraft taffeta ribbon, sponge, aquapainter

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card! I was flipping through my card boxes recently and I see that I am in dire need of sympathy/and in my prayers cards. This card is truly inspiring. Love the white and blue on the kraft. Gorgeous the way the dragonfly is stamped on the vellum tag. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)