Monday, December 28, 2009

Pink & sweet and worn around the edges


That's my take on this week's Clean & Simple challenge to find something in the Winnie the Pooh section of the Disney.com site. Now I probably should admit that I'm not a big cartoon/Disney/cutesy-kidsy fan but with that said, I do have a sort of soft spot for Piglet. Those little pink stripes can grow on ya! So Piglet it is for my inspiration today!

To make this I pulled out a long-ago retired background called Simple Stripes (circa 2004) to do my horizontal stripe thing. Added a pink Daisy from the Daisies #2 die and the Big Shot, and a birthday sentiment with some dots of pink glitter- trying to keep it sweet and simple just like Piglet. I decided to scruff up the edges for a worn feel just like a favorite old stuffed animal would have. Yes I know my dots of glitter are not uniform- maybe I was going for the "my kid did it" look!

So what do you think?? Simple enough?

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Well-Scripted, Simple Stripes
Colors: Pink Passion, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Accessories: Daisies #2 die, Big Shot, 1 3/4" circle punch, distressing tool, sponge, Super fine glitter

1 comment:

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)