Wednesday, January 6, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond!

Buzz Lightyear to Star Command, come in Star Command! OK, so I've watched Toy Story a few too many times! Anyway, this is for today's Diva Coffee Break Designs challenge- that's right, we're back after a well-deserved two week break! We've got this great sketch to work with this week.

Took me a while but I finally decided to use stars for my three elements on the left so naturally I had to dig out my fun spaceship from Pun Fun for the main image. Don't recognize the sentiment? That's because I printed it on my computer. It's fun, try running your cardstock through your printer and then you can use any sentiment you want! I used the star punch to make the point on the end of my sentiment piece so it is the exact same angle.

My color scheme for today came from the Color Challenge on SCS yesterday to use Certainly Celery, Bermuda Bad and Handsome Hunter together. Love that combination and I never would have thought to use it. I also added in some Whisper White for my neutral.

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin
PS- I nearly forgot... well, I did forget but you shouldn't. Take some time to go visit the Diva blog to see many more examples using this sketch, then be sure to play along!
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Pun Fun, Extreme Elements
Colors: Certainly Celery, Bermuda Bad and Handsome Hunter, Whisper White
Accessories: Silver brads, Blender Pens, small and large star punches

6 comments:

  1. this is a wonderful creation. you're right those colors are cool together. love the spaceship (and the whole set, think I need to dust it off!). have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 3 stars! Really great boy card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, I love that movie too. I would have never thought to put these colors together, but boy did you make them rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute~ I keep promising myself I am going to craft something super cute and post it for you to see. Eventually, I will.

    BTW, I am going to be home next weekend (I think Amy is too) I would love to meet up for lunch/drinks/coffee - whatever. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fabulous, and my 3 year old would just love a card like this, he adores buzz LOL, TFS its terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)