Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Dear!

It's a beautiful sunny morning here in Ohio, and we are celebrating my husband's birthday today. Last night we enjoyed a fun family dinner at a Buffalo Wings place and had a great time! Today I'm sharing this card for you that we all signed for him. I made this on Friday during the SCS Virtual Stamp Night challenges. For this challenge they posted the Official Olympic Sweater as our inspiration... I didn't know there was such a thing.

The colors, pattern, texture and even the use of the deer were all intended to mimic the sweater. The funny thing is when I was all done with this card I was sitting and just gazing at it trying to decide if it needed anything else when my husband, unprompted and from across the room, says "did you just make that? It looks really cool from over here." That's when I decided it must be perfect as it is. LOL!

My main deer is from Wildlife Reserve, while the deer head repeated at the top is from Nature Silhouettes and the Happy Birthday repeated across the bottom is the most current, from Vintage Labels Sale-a-Bration set. I thought the Lattice Die would be a neat pattern to add, though it is tougher than I thought to piece it together. I used the pieces that fall out for the row at the top. Middle gray piece is embossed with the embossing folder (can't remember what it's called.)

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! Stop back tomorrow!
~Kristin

2 comments:

  1. WOW Kristin what a fabulous Masculine card!!! Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is great. Happy Birthday to him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)