Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Much Fun!

Sorry I've been a little unreliable lately. I've been snowed in with family, getting house stuff done, and scrapbooking some- all of which are keeping me from making cards as much. So, for this post I have a variety of things to show you. A card my 8 year-old daughter made, a scrapbook layout I completed recently and finally some snow pictures. We got approximately 12-18 inches over the weekend (hard to tell exactly how much with the strong winds that piled up major drifts!) and are expecting 8-10 more inches today and tomorrow. We've probably gotten 4 more already today. It is just beautiful!
So here's the card my daughter made. The other night while I was making my CAS card she decided to make something of her own, but worked really hard to not interrupt me since I was out of MOJO and almost out of time (translate that to me low on patience!). She picked the colors and layout, stamps and even cut the butterflies all by herself. The ONLY thing I did was tie the ribbon and give her the correct "sandwhich" for the Big Shot. I'm so proud of her and she was proud of herself!
Here is a 12x12 layout I did of my son winning the championship in Biddy Wrestling when he was five. He even said it was OK to put his actual metal on the page (although I was strictly forbidden from cutting the ribbon so it would not add bulk to the album.) This layout, the paper and stickers and chipboard, all came from a kit I bought in scrapbook store at some point. I liked the colors and sports theme, but am disappointed in the quality and the fact that there is only one of each piece of patterned paper. Makes me appreciate SU's Simply Scrappin' Kits even more! Here are closeups of the individual pages.

And finally, a couple of snow pictures from our beautiful Ohio weather! My hubby is a kid himself and always helps the kids make a snowcave in the biggest drift they can find. This time it happend to be right off our back deck. They made it big enough for all four of us to easily lay down inside- complete with a ledge built in next to each person to stow our beverages!
Here was the view out my front door yesterday morning! It was a beautiful drive taking the kids to school- albeit only 4 degrees!
Have a great day! Stay warm and thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

4 comments:

  1. While the snow pics are awesome and the scrapbook layouts look great, I have to send a big HURRAY to your daughter--she already has a great sense of color and style with her cards! Please thank her for letting you share it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great crafty projects and wow-how fun to make a snow cave. and that tree is breath taking! we're getting pounded too, but not near as much snow as you guys. keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendie aka TankergypsieFebruary 10, 2010 at 9:09 AM

    Great layouts and pictures. The picture of the frozen trees would make a great scrapbook page describing this winter! Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your butterflies card is so beautiful and so is the SNOW! I love the view from your front door. Great page layouts too - I am inspired that you've been catching up on your scrapbooking. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)