Thursday, February 11, 2010

XOXOXOXO

Did anyone else grow up using xoxoxo for Hugs and Kisses in your notes, cards and letters?? It seems to me this was instilled by my grandmother and I actually forgot about it until I got a thank you note from my sister last week that had XOXOXO at the bottom.

Anyway, I missed posting yesterday's Diva Coffee Break Designs challenge card. We've been seriously snowed in (with another 6-8 inches on top of the 12-18 we already had) so my kids and hubby have been home hampering my computer/blog/stamping time. Instead we've made Valentine's, worked on a jigsaw puzzle, went sledding, and watched TV together.

This week's challenge was to use Bravo Burgandy, Pretty in Pink and Soft Suede to make a Valentine! Not too hard, eh?! I used my Movers & Shapers heart die as well as the full heart punch to make the window on this card. Inside I used the heart from Love You Much, stamped in Burgandy then watercolored with Watercolor Crayons and aquapainter then added touches of glitter to the center of the flowers. I also textured the Soft Suede piece with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions folder. Added some ribbon and the little round sentiment from Love You Much, then stamped the inside sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

I hope you'll consider playing along with the Diva's challenge this week- go ahead and make an extra Valentine for your honey, or someone else that might be least expecting it then get it in the mail TODAY! Also, be sure to check out THIS POST on the Diva Blog to see the Featured Artists for the last few months, and a blog candy winner!

And ONE MORE THING! Today the call for a new Clean & Simple Design Team on Splitcoast came out! I'd love to have all of you try out! This opportunity is for EVERYONE- so please don't hesistate to go for it!

Thanks for stopping by today!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Love you Much, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Colors: Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede, Bravo Burgandy, Whisper White
Accessories: Movers & Shapers heart die, Big Shot, 1" circle punch, Bravo Burgandy grosgrain ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions folder, Full Heart punch, Watercolor Crayons, Aquapainter, glitter

1 comment:

  1. another beauty! hey-you used those movers and shapers dies! looks great. I can't believe another 3 months have flown by! seems like you just started the CAS DT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)