Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Feathered Flock- Part I {DCBD171}

Good morning! Are you ready for a new Diva Coffee Break Designs sketch challenge?? This week we've got a very simple, straight-forward sketch which leaves a lot of room for creativity and interpretation!


Just yesterday I found a blog with an absolutely lovely collection of punched birds done with the Extra Large Two-Step Bird punch that I couldn't wait to try. Literally I spent all morning making SEVEN different birds. I can't wait to put these into a collection as a gift for someone whom I know will appreciate them. (Not mentioning any names in case she reads this too soon!)

To see most recent collection and even order a very well done set of instructions go visit Lynn Pratt at Stamp-n-Design or click here to view her original set of bird cards. I am happy to say that I suggested the 3 types of birds in her most recent collection and not only did Lynn put that idea to work right away, she also sent me a copy of her instructions as a thank you! Thank YOU Lynn.

So stay tuned for the rest of my collection- I have even added two birds to Lynn's collection that are common in Ohio. Can't wait to share them with you!

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to go check out the rest of the Diva's creations for today's sketch then play along yourself and link your card to the Diva blog!

Have a wonderful sunshine-filled day!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Whimsical Words (last day to get this is TODAY!!!)
Colors: Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Creamy Caramel, Basic Black, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Extra Large Two-Step Bird punch, Pinking Hearts border punch, Jumbo Eyelet, 1.24" circle punch, tag corner punch, rope (retired)
Today's TIP:
  • Always give proper credit when borrowing an idea from another artist! It's the right thing to do.
  • Have fun with your punches- they are tools with endless possibilities!

2 comments:

  1. These are so amazing. Thanks for sharing them and the other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)