Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Strawberry Delight

Last week's Clean & Simple challenge on Splitcoast was sketch challenge. We were given a sample from which to draw inspiration. This is my card for that challenge which I'm finally getting around to posting. I wanted to use something unique for my three objects in a row. Unique meaning not the first things that came to my mind so flowers and stars were out! I think the little strawberry from Tart & Tangy did the trick, with it's dimensional top cut out.

The red polka dot paper is from an old old set of Real Red Print Patterns that I've had forever! I just cut the edge of a Top Note from that paper, then tied the Kiwi ribbon and added the sentiment from the Something Sweet stamp set. Did you notice my silver eyelet?? When is the last time you used an eyelet? Maybe if we all use eyelets today we can bring them back into style!

Anyway, I couldn't live with all the white space at the top so had to finish it off with a scalloped trim edge.

So glad you stopped by today (and every day) and thanks for all the comments my faithful followers leave- you're the best!

Stampin' Tip: How to be unique? Don't do the first or second idea that comes to mind, but go with the third! Try it and see what happens. This forces you outside your box and comfort zone a little.

Have fun!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Something Sweet
Colors: Red Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Accessories: Kiwi striped grosgrain, Modern Label punch, silver eyelet, Crop-o-dile, Top Note die, Big Shot, Scalloped Trim border punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. SO sweet---love this set and don't use it enough! And YES---let's use some eyelets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! those strawberries are de-lish with that polka dot dp-love how you used top note here! great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin LOVE this, those strawberries are FABULOUS girl..LOVE your design!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin.... This card is fantastic. The strawberries look amazing. Love checking out your blog everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute! I love how you coordinated the top note piece with the strawberries. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so simple and eye catching. I love it... especially the popped tops on the berries. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)