Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Three Square

I'm not sure who came up with this design idea but this card came from another that I have saved in my "Cards to CASE later" file! Since I've been busy coming up with quick card sets for the Mom's Club Craft Bazaar or whatever it is called, I have been copying some favorites that I've been meaning to try for a long time.

This one was fun and not too hard, and has great results I think. The leaves are from the Little Leaves Sizzlit which I cut out three for each card in Vanilla paper. Glue them onto whatever color cardstock you want (I've used Marigold Morning, Brilliant Blue and Old Olive here) then punch out with the 1 1/4" square punch. Layer them on a slightly bigger square and glue them on a neutral cardbase. That's it! If you have a Xyron this is the perfect time to put it to use, otherwise I recommend SU's Two-Way Glue pen for the leaves.

In this set I have a Happy Birthday, Congratulations, Thinking of You and Thank You. Each of the sentiments is from an old set called Warmest Regards, an old hostess set I believe. See, I told you it's OK to hang onto those retired stamps and inks and papers!

So thanks for stopping by. I hope you have some sunshine in your life today!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Warmest Regards
Colors: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Marigold Morning (Retired In Color), Brilliant Blue, Old Olive
Accessories: Big Shot, Little Leaves Sizzlit, 1 1/4" square punch, 1 1/2" square punch

6 comments:

  1. Stunning cards! That is so funny Kristin, b/c I printed off the same card to CASE. The card was from Two Happy Stampers ;) (not sure if that was the original tho?). Anyway, thanks for sharing and I LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love the simplicity and elegance and colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! I think I may have to case this for MY stamp camp!!! Your Diva card is divine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, this one is in my CASE file too. I love that you cleaned it up and removed some of the layers. That was what I was planning to do, and I am glad to see that it still works with 'less'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! I love the color and the white highlights! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Great cards for guys as they are clean, simple and crisp with no frills, flowers or ribbons! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)