Friday, May 28, 2010

Some Teacher Gifts

Phew! The last week of school is certainly a busy one! It doesn't have to be but of course I PROcrastinate and make myself miserable. I basically spent all day yesterday making these teacher gifts for my kiddos' last day of school today and also 5 graduation cards that my hubby suddenly needed. I didn't even get a picture of those. Thank goodness I love making stuff like this.
For the kids' 3 main teachers I prettied up these tiny tins I bought several months ago at the dollar store. They were actually gift card holders with a Christmas theme. I just pulled out the plastic insert that held a gift card and decorated the outside.

I used the old Alphabet set, Doodle, in rainbow hues to label the tins, then added a little scallop edge and some ribbon around the edges to finish them off. Inside are a set of 12 or so tiny note cards that I always think will be handy for teachers to send notes home with students for various reasons. The cards ended up being 4x5 folded in half. I did a variety of styles for the note cards along with a monogram set for each teacher. Here are some pictures of the notecards. I'll label the stamp set below just in case you are curious! Spring Solitude
Flight of the Butterfly
Good Neighbor
Vintage Labels & Lovely Letters Alphabet
Good Neighbor
Vintage Labels & Lovely Letters Alphabet

Here is the little M&M holder I made for my son to give to his teachers. I thought he might be a little embarassed handing out the pink ones below. For this one I use the Have a Ball & Sporting stamp sets.
These were done with the Oval All set and Pocket full of Flowers
Well, that's all I've got for you today! Thanks so much for stopping by. If your teacher gifts aren't done yet hopefully these will inspire you to get going!
Measurements to make the little stand up chocolate holders are different every time I make them. The last time I posted them with measurements they didn't work for me this time so here's what I would recommend trying: you can get four from one sheet of cardstock if you make them 2.75 inches wide by 8.5 inches long. Then try scoring at 1", 4.5" and 5.5".
Have a great weekend everyone!
~Kristin

5 comments:

  1. Very cute M&M holders. Yummy gift that'll make them happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! Thanks for sharing! I love all of the cards you put in the cool tins. And way to go being frugal and re-purposing the dollar store find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute teacher gifts!! I would be over the moon to get these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so great! I cased the idea and made a similar gift for my daughter's teacher. You can see my creations at: http://www.firefliesandflutterbyes.com/2010/06/teacher-notes-in-tin.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are fabulous, girl! love the way you did them up, so pretty, cute, and even elegant. your teachers must love you! thanks for stopping by my blog today, made me smile. can't wait to see what you got done today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)