Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sanded Northern Flurry

Last but not least... here's my third card made with the fun new Northern Flurry embossing folder.  This time I embossed it onto a piece of this Concord Crush patterns paper (a Level 1 Hostess set) then gently went over it with my sanding block.  This technique reveals the white core of the paper to highlight the raised pattern.  I added some chunky glitter to the snowflakes and also to the main stamped piece for snow.  This round snowman tag is from the new stamp set Tags Til Christmas and actually has a "To: and From:" sentiment on it which I just covered up with the glitter and my own Modern Label punch with a stamp from Teeny Tiny Wishes. 

I have one more Christmas card I'll add either later today or tomorrow using the Elegant Lines embossing folder and new Glimmer Brads from the Holiday Mini Catalog that is available on September first.  After that I'll try to just sprinkle them in here and there.  No one wants to be sick of Christmas cards already in August! 

Thanks for stopping in!  I'd love to hear from you!  Let me know what you prefer- this XL photo or the Large from previous posts.
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Tags Til Christmas, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Colors: Concord Crush, Pear Pizazz, Whisper White (Poppy Parade for the snowman's scarf)
Accessories: Big Shot, Northern Flurry Textured Impressions embossing folder, Concord Crush ribbon, Chunky Essentials glitter, Modern Label punch, 1 3/4" circle punch

3 comments:

  1. great group of holiday cards you did up. LOVE this one, I think it's the purple. either way, I'm in love with that embossing folder. You showcased it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards you have made showcasing the snowflakes embossing folder....also love the XL picture, it shows details so much better for those of us who don't have 20/20 vision anymore!! LOL

    Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another winning card -- and I wanted to say how much I enjoyed browsing your blog. Such beautiful projects here - TFS!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)