Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's the Thought Collection

 Since I've been posting so sporadically lately I thought I'd go ahead and post all four of these at once.  I made them the same day as my last post, all with similar elements that I cut out at once then mixed and matched until I had a whole set.  These were fun and easy to do! 
 Each of the stamped images are from the stamp set It's the Thought, which was in the Summer Mini catalog.  Had you noticed that there are now a Level One and Level Two hostess set in the front of every Mini Catalog?  Yep, that's right!  So when you are finalizing your order of $150 or more, or your workshop, make sure to check them out before making your final decision!
 Sometimes little images can be hard to use.  So I punched them out with the new Decorative Label punch and added some interest to the card base with a variety of strips of paper that have been dry embossed with the Big Shot or punched with one of our border punches. 
I added a bit of ribbon, linen thread or an Antique Brad for a unique touch on each.  Too keep the set similar and easy to make I used the same colors on all 5 cards:  Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Cajun Craze (which is quickly becoming a surprising favorite for me!), and Peach Parfait.  The rows of embossing on the bottom two cards are not a Stampin' Up! product, however our Big Shot easily accommodates most all brands of embossing folders!  I also made sure to stamp the Woodgrain background in Crumb Cake ink on every design to further tie them together.  Wouldn't this make a cute gift set to give to a favorite great-Aunt or long distance cousin?! 

Thanks for stopping by!  We've got a baseball game this afternoon and our very first midget league football game tomorrow- wish me luck.  :)

Hugs,
~Kristin

SUM Supplies
Stamps:  It's the Though, Woodgrain background stamp
Colors: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Decorative Label punch, linen thread, Antique brad, Double Stitched Wasabi ribbon, SU embossing folders: Square Lattice, Vintage Wallpaper, other embossing folders:  Cuttlebug:  With Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)