Sunday, October 17, 2010

Non-Challenge Challenge!

I don't know about you, but it occurred to me the other day that I almost NEVER sit down to make a card without first scouring the internet for the perfect challenge that I feel up to!  Then I end up spending sometimes hours looking for the perfect challenge to fit my current stamp mood. 

In fact, that itself- designing without a given challenge- was a challenge.  I have been so stressed and overwhelmed lately with LIFE that I really needed to stamp (it might have had something to do with the 5-girl slumber party going on in the next room too).  So I pulled out my fabulous new SU Color Coach and was determined to close my eyes and pick a card... well, I closed my eyes and picked a few cards before I found one that really called to me. Then I got to work. 

A few times, like a recovering addict, I reached for my mouse to bring life to my computer screen, then I reprimanded myself and dug deep to actually design ON MY OWN!  If you are like me and haven't done this for awhile I highly recommend it!

So this is what a non-challenge challenge card looks like.  The color combo is Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive and Melon Mambo.  When I first sit down to make a card I always start with my basket of well-organized scraps.  Once my colors were chosen I found a full card base (prescored) in Elegant Eggplant but it had 2 small ovals punched from one corner.  Instead of putting it back I just tore off that corner and didn't look back.  That's how this came to be. 

The Old Olive layer is embossed with the Finial Press Embossing Folder.  I used the stamp set For All You Do just because.  I also used narrow grosgrain, the scalloped square punch and a build-a-brad.  Added a touch of Dazzling Diamonds to the center of the flowers then quit. 

So after you're done reading this shut off your computer and go stamp something- anything!  I CHALLENGE you!  ;)

Thanks for stopping in! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: For All You Do
Colors: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Accessories:  Big Shot, Dazzling Diamonds, Finial Press EF, Elegant Eggplant grosgrain, Scalloped Squre punch, Build-a-Brad

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about all the challenges, etc.
    LOVE your card - so lovely! Like those colors together too. Just a wonderful card.
    (You are one brave soul with that slumber party!!! LOL - Hope yall had fun!)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. However did we manage before the internet and blogs! Beautiful card, and I won't even CASE it so I can dream up one of my own. Thanks for bringing back reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! I had to laugh about your "addict" comment. it's hard to NOT turn on the computer. glad you found your happy place and stamped this sweet card. always have loved this color combo (purple and olive-ahhhhh!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ain't that the truth! I find I can't even stamp even more if not for a challenge. although, I must say they are good for this dead head brain of mine. definitely fighting a lack of creativity here - but I'm working through it. In fact, I'm planning on going upstairs to stamp after this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)