Wednesday, November 10, 2010

B is for Birthday

Good Wednesday morning!  Today the Diva's have a fabulous color challenge for you!  Don't be afraid- get out your Concord Crush, Old Olive and Tangerine Tango and see what you can do.  By itself Tangerine Tango is not one of my favorite colors- however, when paired with these two beauties in a small amount it can be a real standout! 

Initially when I made this the popped center of the B was in Tangerine.  However, it actually detracted from the bold focal nature of the star.  So I stamped the package in olive and just glued it on top.  Simple fix!  In case you are wondering, the Old Olive piece that is the mat behind the main image has been through the crimper for some texture and dimension.  When was the last time you pulled out your crimper??  That's what I thought- ages! 

The sketch I've used for my inspiration is this week's challenge on Just Add Ink!  Loved this sketch and see many possibilities with it!

When I had this mostly together I realized it just needed something.  I'm a fan of Clean & Simple but there still needs to be balance and interest.  So, out comes the white gel pens for a few dotted touches around the top 3/4s of the card.  Finally, I added a fun Concord Crush glimmer brad to the layered stars for a bit of bling! 

Such fun!  I just love stamping!  Thanks for visiting me today!
~Kristin

PS- Having trouble loading more than one image for some reason.  I'll try again later to see if I can get the 2 challenge photos to show up. 

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Party Hearty
Colors: Concord Crush, Old Olive, Tangering Tango, Whisper White
Accessories:  Crimper, In Colors Glimmer brads, Concord Crush twill ribbon, white gel pen, large & small star punches, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)