Monday, January 3, 2011

Black Magic

Good morning!  I promised a few Christmas thank you note ideas and here they are.  I used the Black Magic technique I learned from Splitcoast Stampers.  Even though it is some work, it does turn out quite pretty. 

For this technique you stamp an image with white craft ink then let it dry (or dry it with a heat tool).  Then you color over the various areas with colored pencils and in my case I also used the old Metallic Pencils from SU- they have an amazing shine.  Finally, top it off with white gel pen details. 

So will you try it?  Here's a link to the tutorial for a few more specific details.  Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Serene Snowflakes, Short & Sweet
Accessories: Modern Label punch, white gel pen, Metallic pencils, colored pencils, Scalloped Trim border punch, Big Shot

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty, happy to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! This is so pretty! This stamp set works beautifully with this technique! I really need to give it a try! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the black majic technique, looks like you've mastered it! Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...these are just SOOOOOO wonderful! The black magic technique is GREAT with the snowflakes! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...the Black Magic technique is beautiful with the snowflakes! Great job with the Create with Connie and Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS! I have not tried this technique yet...I need to. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)