Friday, August 5, 2011

Heartfelt gratitude from me

Before I type a word about this card, my first since May I believe, I'd like to first extend my heartfelt gratitude to you, my on-line friends, who have left the most endearing messages regarding the loss of my mom.  I can honestly tell you I've read them many times and each time they brought me comfort.  I'm so very touched, so THANK YOU! 

Thanks to some of the beautiful handmade cards I received from people like Angie Tieman and Lisa Henke, I am finally inspired to stamp again.  I spent most of my day at my "creative station" enjoying some of my new SU goodies that I've had for some time but never opened.   For this card I used the sentiment from my new stamp set Faith in Nature as well as the retired Sale-a-Bration set called Bliss.  My color combo is Soft Suede, Concord Crush with the new In Color Wisteria Wonder and a touch of Calypso Coral on the butterfly. 

Extra details include Basic Pearls, the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz and some Dazzling Diamonds. 

For the inside I used the stamp set Vintage Labels and the sentiment is from Silhouette Sentiments (retired hostess set).  My layout came from the Clean & Simple blog sketch #152.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed stamping again! 

Be sure to stop back tomorrow and the next day as I've got MORE to show you!  Thanks for visiting today!

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Faith in Nature, Bliss (retired), Silhouette Sentiments (retired), Vintage Labels (retired)
Colors:  Soft Suede, Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, Basic Pearls, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz, Curly Label punch

3 comments:

  1. Kristin your post touched my heart. Sorry to hear of your mom's passing. She sounded from your previous post to be so very special. I'm glad to see you've picked up your ink again and are feeling the joy of it. Your card creation is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. You have my heartfelt sympathy.
    Beautiful card - there is just something melancholy about it. Beautifully done ... TFS
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. seeee! you made me tear up again....stop that! I was so excited to see you stamping again. I know it's great therapy for you. beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)