Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Too Kind!

 This week's Clean & Simple challenge on Splitcoast is to use kraft (Crumb Cake) and bright colors.  This may not look very clean but it is only one full layer, and it was pretty simple thanks to fun and easy tools like the Big Shot and punches!  Here's another view: 
I have used the Movers & Shapers die before a number of times, but rarely the way it's intended- to cut a window somewhere you wouldn't otherwise be able to.  Well today I did!  And it was almost an afterthought.  First I embossed the Crumb Cake card base with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder.  Then I ran it through the Big Shot again, this time with the Movers & Shapers die that matches the Curly Label punch which I did the white piece with. 

Did you notice the stamp also matches the punch and the die?!  Love that about Stampin' Up! products!  The stamp set that I made the frame with is called Vintage Labels and is retired.  The sentiment is from another retired set called Whimsical Words (both of these were Sale-a-Bration sets that I earned for FREE during SU's big annual promotion!). 

Anyway, the punches I used for the flowers are the NEW Triple Layer Blossom Bouquet punch and one of the bitty punches from the Itty Bitty three pack.  Wondering about the butterfly?  It was super easy with the Beautiful Wings embosslit and Big Shot!  I added some pearls for a finishing touch then stopped while I was ahead.  So what do you think?  Does it qualify for the CAS challenge?  If it doesn't that's OK too. 

Thanks for stopping by and thanks to Lisa Henke for virtual stamping with me today... maybe I'll have more for you tomorrow or Friday! 
Have a great day!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Vintage Labels, Whimsical Words
Colors: Crumb cake, Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Poppy Parade
Accessories:  Big Shot, Movers & Shapers die, Elegant Bouquet textured impressions embossing folder, Itty Bitty punch, pearls, Beautiful Wings embosslit, curly label punch

3 comments:

  1. So very pretty, LOVE the embossing and your design!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woow... I love your card! Sooo sweeet! Wonderful choice of color and embelishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've still got to get mine posted. LOOOVE what you did. THose punches and dies are perfect-o together. NICE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)