Thursday, August 25, 2011

True Friend

I found a few spare minutes to play today now that my kids are back in school- woo hoo!  Of course I'm a bit rusty so had to start out with not one but two different challenges to get going.  Don't complain, you're lucky I didn't do more.  LOL! 

The sketch I used is from this week's sketch challenge on Splitcoast:  SC347.  Love it!  I also decided to "Soften the edges" per Pals Paper Art's PPA108.  I rounded one corner of the card then decided that wasn't quite enough and since the other edges were all glued down I  distressed the rest of the edges instead. 

Here's the inside as well.   Hope you like it.  I'm thrilled with the results!  Even used my new Simply Scrappin' Kit from the Summer Mini Catalog called Playful Polka Dots (page 15) and the new twisted Baker's Twine in Cherry Cobbler.  Finally I added a few rhinestones for a finishing touch.  

Let me know what you think!  Thanks for stopping by.

Ooh, almost forgot... Tiffany Bauer honored me by featuring THIS card of mine as one of her weekly picks on Aug. 14th.  Sorry it's taken so long to acknowledge it Tiffany, and thank you for the honor! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Punch Bunch (SAB)
Colors:  Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Playful Polka Dots Simply Scrappin' Kit, rhinestones, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, corner rounder, Big Shot, Dotted embossing folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, distressing tool

3 comments:

  1. Very cute - inside and out! Love the single flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin -- Thanks for posting to the PPA Challenge and for your creativity in finding multiple ways to soften the edges. I liked your cheery use of colors and how your carried the theme inside. PALS Paper Arts Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. the rounded corners are fantastic here....the whole card is fantastic! rusty, yeah, whatever...I don't think so. congrats on the shout out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)