Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Owl You Do

Good morning!  How about some cute little owls to start your day?!  Today I'm playing along with the sketch challenge at Create with Connie & Mary as well as the color challenge at Color Throwdown.  My original plan was to use 6 different owl stamps, which I did manage to find in my collection.  But I wasn't sure I'd like the end result so I stuck to just this one from Aviary with the idea that I'd also use my owl punch to make a larger one to be offset.  Well, I couldn't figure out how to get it on the front side so he ended up on the inside.  Voila! 

I've been having fun doing up the insides of my cards lately.  Sure makes it easier when I grab one to send, or when I need to increase my stash to sell at the local consignment shop.  I've even started stamping the envelope to match then slipping them in a clear envelope for safe keeping.  Just stick on my address label and a clear label to show what is stamped on the inside and it's ready for sale. 

Anyone else trying to design the inside as well?  I used to dread it because I was always ready to move on to the next card, but it is SO much more enjoyable to send and receive a card with the inside all cute-ified!  This is one of my New Year's resolutions.  Feel free to call me out on it if I don't keep it up! 

 Thanks for visiting me today!  Stop back tomorrow for my first Valentine of the year! 

~Kristin

SUO Supplies:
Stamp:  Aviary, Petite Pairs, Picture This (inside sentiment), Punch Bunch (inside owl)
Colors:  River Rock, Soft Suede, Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Styled Silver Hodgepodge, small oval punch, corner rounder, scallop border punch, owl punch, Daffodil Delight pompom trim, basic pearl, punch pack (small flower on owl inside)

3 comments:

  1. Adorable little owls, one of my favorite creatures, very cute card. I too love to do the inside of the card, something my daughter (Canopy Crafts) started doing way back so of course I had to do it too. It does just make the hand-made card finished, I think don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am often so focused on the front and then relieved that it is done without mistake that I tend to forget the inside and envelope. I should make that a resolution of mine. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooove owls! I love what yo did here....great work with the colors. so cute inside and out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)