Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Good Enough to Eat

I recently saved THIS CARD by Lynn Weiss in my favorites and told her I was planning to CASE it but using my Vanilla Scented Embossing powder which I hadn't yet used.  Well, my card is a far cry shy of Lynn's but I wasn't actually looking at hers when I made this.  All I remembered for sure was the main panel with that Birthday stamp and the cupcake.  AND, mine smells heavenly!  How many cards can you say that about?!  I can't wait to see the response I get from this at our Stamp-a-Stack this weekend! 

My photo of the inside leaves a lot to be desired but I was tickled with how it turned out.  Hope you like it, and if you haven't yet tried out the scented embossing powders from the current SU Mini Catalog you just must!  Tell your demo I suggested it (or feel free to let me know if you don't have a demo and I can order it for you!)  My next card will probably have an ice cream cone on it somewhere. 

By the way, are you wondering how I got the embossing powder to stick to the frosting?  First I stamped it in Blushing Bride ink on the same color cardstock, then punched it out.  Next I went over the image with the fat end of the Versamarker.  Powder sticks wherever you color.  Isn't that genius?  Not of me, but of whoever invented that Versamarker.  Mine is starting to show signs of age (it is probably close to 8 years old!) so I may be in the market for a new one soon.

Thanks for stopping by again.  Can't wait to show you everything I've done lately.  I'm tempted to just post it all at once in one long post... but I'd rather drag it out.  LOL!

Have a great day!
~K

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes, Create a Cupcake, Confetti
Colors:  Naturals Ivory, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso
Accessories:  Build-a-Cupcake punch, scalloped dotted ribbon border punch, Big Shot, Striped embossing folder, Vanilla Scented Embossing powder, Versamarker

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Glad my card inspired you. I wish I could smell it...have not tried the smelly EP yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)