Saturday, April 21, 2012

Goodbye Nature Silhouettes

 Trying a few new challenges today...  I used the MFT sketch for this card as well as this week's Free 4 All challenge on Splitcoast to mix & match patterns of paper.  Mixing patterns is tricky for me- I tend more towards fewer patterns for a simpler look.  So I didn't stretch as far as I had intended with these patterns, both from the same pack of DSP Botanical Gazzette.  You may wonder where the second pattern even is.  Well, the tree is stamped on it, a very subtle handwritten print.  So subtle in fact that I stamped on the paper upside down and didn't realize it until I wasn't going back to fix it. 

Did you notice the slight blue tint to the stamped tree image?  I actually used White Staz-On ink and this is how it turned out.  Kind of nice with the other blue tones. 

Like my new border punch?  I just used the Postage stamp punch and lined it up to do the edge, punching about three times.  I wanted to keep it masculine and thought that would do the trick better than scallops!  Here's the sketch I borrowed, thanks to my pal Lisa Henke who is on the MFT design team. 

Well, that's all for today.  Hoping to scrapbook all weekend so maybe I'll have a few layouts to share next week.  Stop back tomorrow for another featured retiring stamp set. 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Nature Silhouettes
Colors:  Naturals ivory, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy
Accessories:  Mini library clip, postage stamp punch, distressing tool, Botanical Gazzette DSP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)