Sunday, May 27, 2012

Baby Shower Gifts.... Part 1

Did I mention before that I was working on something really exciting??  Well, I went to a baby shower today of a very special family friend and decided to put my best effort into creating something unique. Since my photo of all the gifts, card and packaging won't upload for some crazy reason I am only showing you the first part today.  That means I can drag this out for a few days and you'll have to come back to see the rest.  Of course, I'll save my favorite part for last.  (How's that for a teaser?)

I managed to find out ahead of time that baby Noah is whom we are anticipating and his room will be decorated in Chocolate, Olive and Turquoise.  Isn't that a fun color combo?  I hope she'll send pictures when the room is all complete! 

I love the name Noah so had to do something with his name.  This is a banner made with chipboard squares the size of restaurant coasters, just cut from spare chipboard included in random Stampin' Up! products.  I used a retired pack of SU papers called Au Chocolate.  I'm so glad I had a lot left over because they gave me the perfect base to work with!  Here are closeups of each letter:   





I used all Stampin' Up! products with the exception of the pawprint brad on the "O".  I also used the Cricut to cut the letters out.  I will include a list of products I used at the end.  Well, be sure to stop back for Baby Shower Gifts... Part 2.  Here's a hint at what's to come:  Do Not Disturb!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies: 
Stamps:  Have a Ball (retired)
Papers:  Au Chocolate DSP, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Variety of ribbons and buttons (some retired), small star punch, Polka Dots embossing folder, Big Shot

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing. I am looking for something that will fit in the mail, and I think this name coaster is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great timing! I was looking for something that would easily go in the mail. This will be perfect. Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)