Sunday, June 24, 2012

Artisan Entry: Explore (a scrapbook page)


Good morning!  Are you here looking for another Artisan Award entry?  Well here you go, one of the three scrapbook pages that were required.  I finished this one last and was the most pleased with it I think.  I'm willing to bet many of the winning entries only had 1 large photo as the focal point as those are the most dramatic pages... but I decided at the outset to stick to "my style" and I generally tell a story on my scrapbook pages that usually can't be told in one photo.  Rather than covering the entire page with photos I chose to offset them on an angle for visual interest and some creative cropping.  I've done this before and love the outcome every time, despite the extra work involved.

This page is from a recent family outing to the Hocking Hills State Park in southern Ohio.  What a beautiful place!  We enjoyed every single minute of it and I'm so happy to have my layout all designed (need to make myself a duplicate though). 


The patterned paper and journaling tag are both from the Tickets & Tags Simply Scrappin' Kit (now retired).  I also used the Extreme Elements stamp set to further grundge up the background paper.  For my title I used chipboard letters from Onboard Alphabet Soup, dirtied them up with some Soft Suede ink and- my favorite detail- textured them with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I was excited to experiment with this and find out that chipboard easily embosses with the Big Shot! 


Some of the details include a new Naturals button with a bit of linen thread and twill tape.  One of the hardest things about this page was leaving myself off (one of SU's rules for fairness).  My husband is just as interested in photography as I am and gets really creative sometimes so many of the best photos he took which means I am in them.  On the other hand, I like it even more that I'm NOT on it!

Well, once again, thanks for stopping by and for your comments.  They keep me going! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Extreme Elements
Colors:  Baja Breeze, Soft Suede
Accessories:  Tickets & Tags Simply Scrappin' Kit, Linen Thread, Twill Tape, Bitty Banners Framelits, Natural Button, Alphabet Soup Onboard Chipboard

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE this page - everything about it. Will definitely use this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did an outstanding job of your page! I certainly would've voted for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic scrapbook page! Be proud of yourself. I hope you have another copy of this for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great layout! Love the rugged look and the way that the pictures form a t.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)