Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Love You Much: Artisan Award Entry

So far you've seen a card, my recycled album clock and a scrapbook page... all entries in SU's Artisan Award contest in which I did not make the finalist round.  Up next is another card.  This was one of the first cards I made so I was sick of it by the time I shipped it off.  In fact, considered redoing it several times.  Now that I've not seen it in person for over a month I am liking it again.   

The fun details that I thought made it unique are the punched flower window with a white lattice piece behind it showing through.  I love the idea of seeing something behind that punched flower... but maybe the lattice is too busy, or the white too stark?  That's the part I reconsidered dozens of times then left.   



Perhaps my favorite detail is the three rows of scallops at the bottom that show from the inside when the card is closed.  Sort of like a 2 for 1!  I left the inside blank so it could be used as a note card for any occasion.  Thanks for stopping by! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
I'll stop back to add supplies.  Must run right now!


8 comments:

  1. A very creative card. Thank for sharing you talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute and clever. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, I used your beautiful idea for this card and made it my own by changing a few things. I posted it on splitcoast stampers here, giving you credit and posting a link to your blog.
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2215977?cat=500&ppuser=34518
    Thank you for sharing your amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this card! Elegant, beautiful and creative! Great use of the Lattice die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the lattice peeking through the punched out flower.

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)