Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blue Ribbon Birthday

Good morning!  I hope you have had a great week.  We've been a little hectic with the first week of school, projects around the house and a football injury for my son (dislocated elbow, but he'll be fine).  I did get to stamp a bit yesterday... I somehow ran across the Mojo Monday sketch challenge which I thought was current, so set off to use it.  Just now realizing it was last week's challenge.   Oh well.  Story of my life! 
 
I also checked out the Free 4 All challenge on Splitcoast to "Show us your colors"- use lots of bright colors.  Well, I do think I've accomplished that here.  The scalloped circle with the birthday sentiment, as well as the Polka Dot Parade DSP, were sitting on my desk from a card I never completed last week, so I decided to put them to use.  
 
See those three (crooked) embossed dots at the bottom left corner?  Those were part of the sketch and the rhinestones I had there originally were just over the top so I decided to do these instead.  They are easy to do by using the main part of the Crop-a-Dile... but obviously not so easy to line up.  Since they were the last thing I did I wasn't about to redo.  Crooked it is! 

Here's a shot at the inside.  Had fun with it, using markers to color the sentiment from It's Your Birthday.  The tiny owl piece is all from A Fitting Occasion.,, a fun set for adding a little detail! 

Well, lots to do today.  Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin
 
SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Blue Ribbon, A Fitting Occasion, Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired), It's Your Birthday
Colors:  Midnight Muse, Real Red, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories:  Circle Scallop punch, circle punch, tag punch, Circle brads (retired), Crop-a-Dile, White Baker's Twine, Triple Layer Flower punch

1 comment:

  1. very cute TFS!!!
    melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)