Thursday, August 9, 2012

You Mean So Much

I'm back today with another pair of earrings I made myself to match this bracelet and a necklace that my mom had made.  These natural polished stones are so shiny and smooth- they are just gorgeous in person!  More practice needed for me though.  But once I'm good at this I'll have trouble giving things away I'm afraid. 

The Clean & Simple sketch challenge FTL 202 came in handy for getting my stamping mojo going.  These are some of the new In Colors:  Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple and Midnight Muse not to mention the lovely new Natural Composition Specialty Designer paper in the background there (the Crumb Cake with a shiny raised floral pattern on it). 

 I made a fun discovery while playing around for this card:  the large flower burst from Betsy's Blossoms punches out nicely with the Blossom flower punch.  The little center piece is "fussy cut" from another stamp in the same set. 


Other details include the blue pattern from Comfort Cafe DSP, sentiment from my new set One in a Million, topped off with some linen thread on a mini library clip. 
Here is the sketch challenge.  Think you might try it?  I missed the entry deadline but am glad I found it.  Lots of possibilities with this one!  (Edit:  Turns out I didn't miss the deadline, silly me!)

Thanks for stopping by.  Must run now.  Spent all morning putting 36 freezer bags of sweet corn up.  Had 51 ears left and I told my husband we didn't need that much corn- PHEW!  Now my daughter is waiting for me to help her with some painting projects (shelves for her room and some wooden letters that spell out her name).  Stop back tomorrow for a quick post with a baby card for twins. 

Have a great day!
~Kristin

Oops, forgot my supply list: 

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Betsy's Blossoms, Flowering Flourishes, One in a Million
Colors:  Naturals Ivory, Crumb Cake, Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
Accessories:  Comfort Cafe DSP, Natural Composition Specialty Designer paper, First Edition DSP, Modern Label punch, Mini Library Clip, Linen Thread, Blossom punch, Top Note Die, Big Shot

1 comment:

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)